Two to four players with one playing piece each and one six sided dice. A printable spinner dice and counters are included if one cannot find items to use as playing pieces. The winner is the first person to get his or her piece off the board. One can make it more interesting by using two counters each.
- The highest throw plays first.
- A move must be made if possible or lose a turn.
- If you throw a 6 you can throw again.
- If your piece lands on a circle that is already occupied by an opponent’s piece, you miss your turn. Alternatively: If your piece lands on an opponent’s piece, you knock them off to start again. Decide at the start of the game which rule.
- If your piece lands on a circle at the foot of a ladder, it goes up the ladder.
- If your piece lands on a circle with the head of a snake, it goes down the snake.
- An exact throw is needed to leave the board. If the throw is too high, you must move backwards the extra number of circles.
Printable counters and spinner dice. Stick to card and cut out. Insert small pointed stick or small pencil through centre of spinner dice. Printable game board on next page.